As the single point of entry for all infrastructure projects and the custodian of the comprehensive infrastructure project pipeline, Infrastructure South Africa (ISA) brings together thought leaders and industry experts to present cutting edge work to position ISA at the forefront of innovative thinking. To enhance innovation and research within the infrastructure sector, ISA has established a Centre of Excellence (CoE).
The CoE aims to create an organisational environment that strives to develop high-quality research, learning and innovation. The CoE objective is to ensure that ISA becomes the leading and “go-to” authority on infrastructure research, information, long-term planning and guidance in South Africa. The CoE will focus on collaboration with various infrastructure sectors and institutions to enhance infrastructure research and development. The CoE within ISA is a small team of highly skilled and dedicated individuals that operates separately from the functional areas that it supports within the ISA organization.
Focus areas for CoE include:
- Serves as a “Think Tank” on matters related to infrastructure economics in the country by bridging the gap between infrastructure research and infrastructure delivery.
- Research and analytical focus that will serve in an advisory capacity to ISA.
- Development and analysis of infrastructure indices.
- Development of insights and best practices of infrastructure-led strategies.
- Update and expand an infrastructure database for the country.
- Create and expand infrastructure-led research and capacity development through the publication of research papers.
- Infrastructure research, socio-economic impact assessment, spatial analysis, forecasting, and
- economic analysis.
Benefits realization and ex-post analysis of implemented infrastructure projects.